M2 Chain Hook
- The M2 Chain Hook, or chain grabber securely latches to the chain even when chain is unloaded, making it much safer than standard chain hooks that often fall off.
- The M2 Hook is made from 2205 Duplex, thus withstanding the harsh marine environment and is the strongest hook on the market.
- The chain grabber is safe, designed to be as strong as high test chain.
- Ideal for use with a snubber or a bridle.
- Fits BBB, Proofcoil, Hi Test and Stainless Chain.
- Available for 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2 inch chain.
1/4 Inch Hook Dimensions
5/16 Inch Hook Dimensions
3/8 Inch Hook Dimensions
1/2 Inch Hook Dimensions
Hook Sizing Recommendations
|Hook Size||WLL||UBS||Shackle (Size)||Recommended Bridle Rope|
|1/4 in (6-7mm)||1,686 lbs||6,744 lbs||3/8 in Shackle||1/2 in|
|5/16 in (8 mm)||3,788 lbs||15,154 lbs||7/16 in Shackle||5/8 in|
|3/8 in (10 mm)||5,516 lbs||22,066 lbs||1/2 in Shackle||3/4 in|
|1/2 in (12-13 mm)||9,271 lbs||37,085 lbs||5/8 in Shackle||1 in|
The safety factor we use to determine the safe working load is 4, where other manufacturers use the safety factor of 3 or lower thus UBS is the best way to compare strength between products.
Shackles are included with the hooks
|2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Shackle||WLL||UBS|
|3/8||1950 lbs||9,750 lbs|
|7/16||3250 lbs||13,000 lbs|
|1/2||5750 lbs||23,000 lbs|
|5/8||7500 lbs||30,000 lbs|