Generally Shackles Come two grades:
- Industrial Grade (Type IV A)
- Specialty Alloy Shackles (Type IV B)
Generally if you are trying to match the strength of your chain you can use these rules:
- If sizing for BBB or Proof coil chain use Industrial Grade (Type IV A) shackle, one size bigger than your chain
- If sizing for HT (G4) chain use Specialty Alloy Shackles (Type IV B), one size bigger than your chain
- If sizing for stainless steel chain use a forged SS shackle that is one size bigger than your chain.
- If sizing for duplex chain use a duplex shackle one size bigger than you chain
|Boat Size||Boat Size 0- 14 feet|
< 1,000 lbs
< 5000 lbs
< 11,000 lbs
< 15,000 lbs
< 20,000 lbs
< 40,000 lbs
< 50,000 lbs
< 60,000 lbs
< 70,000 lbs
< 110,000 lbs
Specialty Alloy Grade
(type 4 B)
|Chain Grade 30|
|Chain Grade 40|
***Shackles are sized by their body dimension; the pin is usually one size bigger than the size of the shackle***
Mantus Anchor Shackles
Stainless steel anchor shackle designed for the job:
- A flush hex head allows for smooth passage through the bow roller
- A socket wrench or a crescent wrench could be easily used to open or close the pin even after many months of use.
- A hole in the hex head is designed to safety wire the pin to prevent pin loosening.
- Mantus boat anchor shackles are forged and use high quality 316 stainless steel.